To make your day go better, do this simple activity before getting out of bed in the morning.
- Lie flat on your back with your legs uncrossed and hands at your sides
- Focus on a point out in front of you, on the ceiling if possible
- Take a deep breath, fully expanding your belly and keeping your shoulders from tensing upwards
- Purse your lips like a fish and let out your breath with an “sss” sound directed towards the point in front of you, like it’s coming from a slow leaky tire. Repeat 3-5 times
- Take a deep breath and as you let it out, make a VERY GENTLE “mmm” sound as though you’re tasting something delicious, then spin the sound up and down as long as your breath lasts
- Do this 3-5 times (or more) before you get up and enjoy your day!