Q1: We’re relaxing so quickly that we’re falling asleep and I’m concerned that I might not be giving my baby enough stimulation for the best brain development. Should I be concerned?
A1: Not at all. In fact, if you have to worry, worry more about too much stimulation rather than not enough. But I’d rather not have you worry at all, and here’s why.
- The calmer you are, the calmer your baby will be. And the calmer your baby is, the better his brain will develop.
- Why? Recent research indicates that too much stimulation without equal times of calming interactions is not good for a baby’s brain development. You might say it falls under the category of too much information or TMI.
- It’s best to allow times of soothing and quieting interactions so that your baby’s brain can process what it takes in.
- Neurological findings suggest that the calmer you and your baby are, the easier it is for him to make the crucial nerve cell connections important in early childhood.
- SingBabySing® Prenatal Infant Music Singing CD is specifically designed to calm both of you so that subtle yet highly effective language development neural connections can happen in your baby’s brain.
- The more you play the CD and interact with your baby, the more positive impact it will have on your baby, even if it makes you both relax so much that you fall asleep!
- Also, For Best Results
- Play this CD two times or more daily
- Play it an hour before feeding, nap, bath or bed times
- Hold your baby while playing it
- Sing along
- Smile and keep eye contact with your baby
- Exaggerate your mouth movements as your baby watches your face
- Gently rock back and forth with your baby or move and dance
- Tap the beat by gently touching your baby’s hand, foot, nose or head
- Relax and have fun because your baby learns best when you are both calm
- In your car play the CD and reinforce what your baby learns at home
- Grandma and Grandpa to the rescue! When they babysit, ask them to reinforce what you are doing to enhance your baby’s language skills by encouraging them to use SingBabySing® CD and simply enjoy unwinding with your baby!